The LAPD will be conducting DUI checkpoints and saturation patrols in several areas in Los Angeles county. Typically, when the police decide to conduct a DUI checkpoint, they will release the date and time but not the exact location. Some believe that keeping the exact location a secret will serve as a deterrent to those who might otherwise choose to drive after consuming alcohol. This time around, though, the exact locations and times are being released.
- From 7 p.m. to 3 a.m., there will be an increased police presence in Koreatown, searching for drivers showing signs of possible intoxication.
- In Sherman Oaks, from 8 p.m. to 1 a.m., there will be a DUI checkpoint at the corner of Ventura Boulevard and Columbus Ave.
- From 8 p.m. to 1 a.m. there will be a saturation patrol will be conducted near the 77th street police station in South LA.
- A saturation patrol will be enacted in the area of the LAPD’s Foothill Division station in the San Fernando Valley from 5 p.m. to 1 a.m.
- Another saturation patrol will be enacted from 6 p.m. to 2 a.m. near the Mission Division station.
This recent crackdown on DUIs comes on the heels of a recent alcohol-related collision involving 2 cars in Rosewood in which 5 people were injured, and another collision in Compton in which a drunk woman crashed into a police squad car.